- Castle Neuschwanstein (Bavaria, Germany): Known as the most famous castle in the world, this castle was started in 1869 and finished in 1880, and is being considered for a position in the modern version of the seven wonders of the world.
- Blarney Castle (Ireland): Home of the legendary Blarney Stone, this castle is almost 600 years old.
- Darver Castle (Ireland): Renovated to modern times especially for vacations and weddings.
- Edinburgh Castle (Scotland): Most famous in Scotland, this castle was built on the site of another ancient castle.
- Windsor Castle (England): This castle is the current home of Queen Elizabeth II and was first built by William the Conqueror, though it has been rebuilt and had additions to it.
- Langley Castle (England): First class dining and finely furnished rooms await guests in this castle hotel.
- Chateau de Ranton (France): This castle is rentable, with beautiful gardens and a large swimming pool.
- Hammond Castle (Massachusetts, USA): Was built by John Hammond in the early 1900s and is now a museum.
- Herreshoff Castle (Massachusetts, USA): Built in the early 1900s, this castle is a bed and breakfast and was fashioned after a castle built by Leif Erickson, the notorious viking.