Saturday, May 18, 2013

Yay! Duck Taped Recyclable Crafties


And now... one of my favorite duck tape crafties (not to mention easiest and funnest)- duck-taping the cardboard out of recycled boxes!

For the Wild Duck Tape Box, you will need:
  • Yellow (or whatever) Duck Tape
  • Zebra Print (or any other animal print) Duck Tape
  • Cardboard box (I used one of my many recycled granola bar boxes)
  • Scissors
I started with the zebra, then when I got to the bottom of the box, I edged it with the yellow. The top is also bordered with yellow, and I took that opportunity to secure the flaps down inside the box.


For the Two-Way Duck Tape Box, you will need:
  • Yellow (or whatever) Duck Tape
  • Blue (or whatever, so long as it coordinates with your first color) Duck Tape
  • Cardboard Box
  • Patience. The stripes are tricky on this one.
  • Scissors
Ok, so this one is harder than the Wild box. Start out by covering the box in one of your colors (I started with blue).
For the Striped side:
 Cut strips the length of the box's diagonal in half and secure each equally apart from the created blue stripes. Repeat until the box is covered. I decided not to tape the flaps down on this one, so I covered them as well and cut a slit for the flap to fit into (to allow it to close).
For the Diagonal side:
Carefully wrap each half strip across the box diagnonally, making sure to keep each stripe positively and negatively balanced (in other words, make sure the strips are the same length apart).




For the Personalized box, you will need:
  • A solid color of duck tape
  • Sharpie
  • Scissors
Simply cover the box in your solid-colored duck tape, and, using a sharpie, draw, trace, or stencil your initial onto the duck tape. Embellish accordingly and fill.






These boxes add a nice touch to any space, and are great for organizing items too. It's also a lot of fun to play with the different patterns and colors that duck tape has to offer!




No comments:

Post a Comment